[Foundation-l] Donation of DVDs to Wikimedia Foundation Projects

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 00:21:58 UTC 2007

On 1/2/07, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure it won't, just thinking about the future.

It will take us all of 30 minutes to setup a BT link when the time
comes. Less future more today.

Judging by the number of completely broken audio and video files that
I've found left in articles for months with no complaints.... I don't
think we're in danger with being over run with requests any time
really soon. Even if we are, we can always pull the files down while
we figure it out.

It will be a wonderful problem to have when we find ourselves
overwealmed with requests. ... It'll be a problem we'll never need to
worry about if we don't get the content up.

Content must come first.

> Another idea: presenting users with low-quality, highly-compressed
> (possibly embedded) videos which would hopefully suffice for most
> users while also providing a link to the full quality video...

This, of course, makes sense... It's also what we do for still images. :)