[Foundation-l] This is not an Advertisement @ pgunn

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 14:58:14 UTC 2007

2007/1/2, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

> (my own position: naming a matching company in text is fine, issuing a
> press release is important, I'd really rather not have a corporate
> logo there at all ... and make sure they understand that Virgin
> Unite's site was knocked off the net 12 minutes after the link went up
> and to be ready for it ;-)

My position: I personally don't mind that this occurred (although I do agree
it would have been better not to include the logo). What I do mind is, as
you said, the violation of acceptations. It's a major break in policy, even
though, indeed, there seems to be no written policy. As such, an
announcement, including an invitation to submit opinions, would have been a
good idea a few weeks at least before the fact, and before the final
decision. Now people got to hear it a day at most before it actually
happened, without the possibility of enforcing a decision on the project
level, even if it had been possible to make a decision on such a short
notice.

P.S.: This is all said from reading this list and the village pump rather
than any actual seeing of the message by me - I was on a few days' holiday
in an internet-free location at that moment.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels