[Foundation-l] 4 wishes for Year 2007

Christophe Henner christophe.henner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:58:14 UTC 2007

Hi, Happy new year to everyone of you.  Anthere posted a very good
mail, it seems to be the very good mail season with anthere's and
brion's ones. This mail is really informative of the goal of the board
and the foundations.

I've translated it in french so more people can read, it wouldn't be
bad to translate this email in the more language we can and spred it
on village pump.

The directions Anthere's is giving are really important as they make
the project and the foundation safer on long term. For what I can say
2006 was the year where wikipedia has been really known by peoples,
2007 should be the year, as Anthere said, of the outreach and
recognition.

Recognition as a non profit organisation working for free knowledge,
but also recognition as host of reliable projects.

We can do it, we all did a great work. Even if we don't always share
the same point of view we're all improving the projects. Now we know
that collaborative works can make great thing. Who would have been
able to say, ten years ago, that one of the most important website
would be collaborative?

We're many different communnity,  this year I hope we will be able to
work all together and to raise the projects to a very goo level of
reliability.

Happy new years to all again.

--
schiste