[Foundation-l] Back to basics

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:58:07 UTC 2007

On 02/01/07, David Strauss <david at fourkitchens.com> wrote:
> It *is* incompatible obtaining necessary funds, therefore it is
> incompatible with the primary mission. Missions aren't just about goals,
> they're about means, too.

I have heard say that remaining advert-free will make hard work for
us, but I have never heard that we won't be able to survive without
advertising. After all, we have become a top 10 website on the back of
donations alone. In light of this, I think remaining advert-free is
entirely compatible with our primary mission.

If we want it, we just need to commit to it. It would be a difficult
path to take and we may reach a crisis (at which point we would have
to accept advertising), but if our fundraisers are innovative and well
planned, we could continue to survive on donations.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)