[Foundation-l] Back to basics

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 13:03:18 UTC 2007

On 1/2/07, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:

> "Imagine a world in which every single human being can  freely share in the
> sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment."

> As for what it doesn't say:
> It does not say, "Imagine an advertising-free world."

However pretty much any given advertiser would have a problem with
that objective if they really thought about it and you can't keep
fooling them forever.

> It does not say "where every single person who speaks a English or a
> European language ..."

Equally it does not say we should artificially support inefficiencies
in communication

> Let's try and refocus the discussions on what our goals are and how we can
> best achieve them. Let's use this as our yardstick.

With the various laws around trade secrets that may not be the
greatest of ideas.

--
geni