[Foundation-l] This is not an Advertisement @ pgunn

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Jan 2 19:11:13 UTC 2007

Brion Vibber wrote:

>James Hare wrote:
>

>>For the record, I'm asking about an apology for the poor communication,
>>because that -was- rather minimal communication prior to the ad.
>>

>I will happily apologize for the poor communication; the fundraiser has
>been run a bit chaotically, with lots of last-minute jumps and hurdles
>and our communication and planning on the visible parts (such as the
>site notice) have indeed been *abysmal*.
>
>The notices for instance ought to have been prepared and translated a
>week or two before they went up, which would have given a lot more time
>for people to see what sort of stuff was actually going to be going up.

True as this may be, I have noticed considerable improvements in
communicastions since our new présidente has taken office.  Finally
dealing with financial statements was a big step forward.  In that
context the lacunae in communications are understandable, and do not
require the apology that has been so importunately demanded.

>A proper, functioning fundraising committee involving the community
>would also be super. That was supposed to happen, but apparently things
>fell apart...

Would it be wrong to assume that the bitching about the Virgin banner is
consistent with the amount of effort that those doing the bitching have
put into the fundraising committee. ;-)

Ec