[Foundation-l] WikiSym 2007 Call for Papers

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 02:36:25 UTC 2007

> Note that authors of accepted papers are expected to attend
> > the conference and present the paper, otherwise publication will be canceled.
>
> That seems like a good way to ensure it remains a strictly North
> American affair...

The same rule applied last year when WikiSym was held in what was
possibly the worst place for international travelers to get to (37
hours for me) yet certainly wasn't a Danish-only, or even
European-only, affair. I don't think it's unusual for conferences to
require that people attend the conference if they want to have their
paper published in the proceedings is it?

Angela