[Foundation-l] RfC: Draft licensing policy resolution

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 21 14:00:39 UTC 2007

On 2/21/07, effe iets anders <effeietsanders at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thats why i asked whether the foundation will advice on the local law part
> (as there are little or no lawyers on nl.wikipedia) and whether the
> foundation has to agree upon the EDP (as otherwise, the community might just
> push it through) I hope  both will be answered with 'yes'.

Well, our GC is not an all-knowing godlike entity, so the most we can
expect from him is to make sure that there's a lawyer responsible for
each country, and to coordinate the overall process. (The WMF, I
believe, will financially assist in paying for expertise where
necessary.) As to approval, yes, though this cannot be much more than
a "smell test". If the process was followed, that should be
sufficient.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic