[Foundation-l] Restriction on page moves inpt.wikipedia.orgThankyou

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 20:24:53 UTC 2007

> First, having a software displaying different behavior depending on the
> language/project is a bad idea. It makes things very complex and users
> travelling from one language to another are likely to find this disturbing.

That same logic could be used to say all languages should have the
same system for RFA, AFD, etc. It was decided a long time ago that
different languages would be allowed to decide their own policies.
Policies which are enforced by the software are no different from any
other policies.

Personally, I think 45 days is rather long, and I'm a little
uncomfortable with it apparently being handled as a vote (although the
results of the vote don't leave much room for interpretation, so it
probably makes no difference), but if that's how pt want to do things,
it's entirely up to them.