[Foundation-l] Mayflower: Wikimedia Commons media search

Husky huskyr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 10:14:53 UTC 2007

> PD! Sure lets just use the template links table to find all the images
> that transclude a template that starts with PD- ... Such as...
> {{PD-CAGov}} (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:PD-CAGov)
>
> Hard problem. :(
>
> Even our most machine readable metadata isn't very machine readable. :(

I'm not a brilliant programmer, but isn't it simply a case of
1) having an array with all possible (or at least, the most popular)
licenses and their template tags
2) parsing all {{template}} tags
3) matching the template tags with the licenses array and using that to
display the license in the Mayflower results screen?

-- Hay Kranen / [[User:Husky]]