[Foundation-l] Mayflower: Wikimedia Commons media search

Husky huskyr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 23:31:08 UTC 2007

Wow, this is really good! I can finally find something on Commons without
having to click trough a list of images or browsing categories :)

Just some small recommendations:
* I would give the 'x results found' a colourful background (maybe purple)
to separate the search box from the thumbnail view. You could also move the
search box to the right of the logo and use the dotted grey bar as a
separator.
* Having the license beneath the image would be very handy. Even more handy
would be an option to do an 'advanced search' for a specific license (e.g.
only PD images)
* Maybe the colours should be a little more Wikimedia-like (green, blue,
red) and the imagery could be more related to Wikimedia Commons to refer to
the connection between the two. I attached an example logo (just an idea).

Anyway, great job! With some more work Mayflower could be a great
replacement for the current Commons search.

-- Hay Kranen / [[User:Husky]]