[Foundation-l] Fwd: Share-Alike with images

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Feb 12 07:24:52 UTC 2007

On 2/11/07, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> This would be problematic for our own uses unless the CC-BY-SA / GFDL
> compatibility issues are resolved.  The wording of the cc-by-sa requires
> any derivative works to be distributed "only under a license identical
> to this one"

The license could make a distinction between works which are direct
derivatives, and separate works which are used in a way where one
semantically depends on the other. In the second case, it could allow
them to be under separate licenses, as long as all component licenses
are free content licenses.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik