[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 18:30:56 UTC 2007

On 08/02/07, Claudio Mastroianni <gattonero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Big error, read the signature of the first mail by Kat Walsh:
>
> "Thanks to everyone for your input and hard work.
>
> For the Wikimedia Foundation,
> Kat Walsh"
>

> *For the Wikimedia Foundation,"

Or, perhaps, we could read the second sentence of her email, which
explicitly says what Gerard alluded to:

"A formal declaration in the form of a Board resolution has not yet
been made and will be forthcoming; however, we hope that this longer
message will provide the explanation behind the resolution."

In other words - she is speaking for the Foundation, but this is not
the formal announcement, it's an outline of what the announcement is
broadly intended to be.
--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk