[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Thu Feb 8 11:15:00 UTC 2007

I was only pointing out that the Italian Wikipedia policy did not fall
under its ability "to develop an exemption policy that resonates with US
& Italian law on copyright exemptions."

Non-commercial-use-only and Wikipedia-licensed works are not used on a
copyright *exemption* basis. They're used with permission.

That said, I'll try to refrain from further discussion about this issue
until the board gives it consideration.