[Foundation-l] Clearing up Wikimedia's media licensing policies

David Strauss david at fourkitchens.com
Thu Feb 8 10:51:28 UTC 2007

I think Erik means that the Italian wiki is free to 1) restrict
acceptable content further than Wikimedia requires, or 2) find ways
within Italian and U.S. law (combined) to accept material under
copyright exceptions like fair use. (Yes, I know Italy does not have
"fair use.")

Content that is non-commercial-use-only or specially licensed to
Wikipedia or Wikimedia is counter to Wikimedia's mission of free knowledge.