[Foundation-l] Comparison of new user welcome efforts across projects

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 02:26:47 UTC 2007

On 06/02/07, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you speak one of these languages PLEASE ADD THE INTERWIKI LINK to
> > the English one, or just reply and tell me the name of it! :)
>
> For curiosity, why?
> I am rather afraid it gives wrong information the policies and
> guidelines of one are unquestionably applied to another. Besides core
> ethics, they aren't.

Because interwiki links are one of the most reliable ways to make
cross-project comparisons?
I don't think interwiki link implies they have the same content, only
that they perform the same function (think of articles: you can have
an interwiki link from a stub to a featured article, right?).

> Besides that, it could happen a project doesn't rely template to
> welcome newbies but prefer c&p boilerplates, like Japanese Wikipedia.
> Is there any wiki page to gather relevant information, Brianna?

OK, that is information that I can't figure out manually. :) Is there
a page with a list of the c&p boilerplates? I will add the info to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cross-project_comparisons/MediaWiki:Welcomecreation_and_Template:Welcome_comparisons

(what about Template:ようこそ ??)

cheers,
Brianna