[Foundation-l] [Wikipedia-l] Moldavian

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 13:36:53 UTC 2007

Hoi,
There are those that want words like "irregardless" not to be included
in dictionaries because from their puristic point of view it is an
abomination. The Romanian wikipedians can not have their cake and eat
it. Either they allow for the existence of a resource that is the
http://mo.wikipedia.org or they allow for content in Cyrillic in the
http://ro.wikipedia.org. When people argue that because of historical
reasons Romanian is written in Cyrillic, the only correct reaction is:
"Yes, right. So what?". The point being the existence of something
cannot be denied because of this argument that they do not agree on
political grounds and wish for it to not be there.

The language commission would welcome a program that would convert from
Latin to Cyrillic for the content of both the mo and ro wikipedia. In
our opinion it would help and not hinder bringing the communities and it
would probably isolate political bigots and their POV..

Thanks,
    GerardM