[Foundation-l] We really need to avoid the next Microsoft-Wikipedia bad publicity storm

Mohamed Magdy mohamed.m.k at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:07:57 UTC 2007

Could the answer be in adding another line just above the save button?
explaining the idea to the editor and telling him/her that there is a
conflict of interests and if you wish to add content to the article, add
it to the talk page instead? and if you have more to say, add a link too.

You don't need super technologies to deliver such a simple message. by
the way, how could Microsoft's incident be a bad publicity for
wikipedia? please refer me to the appropriate archived messages if that
a duplicate question.

Mohamed Magdy