[Foundation-l] About transparency

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Dec 30 12:01:57 UTC 2007

In a message dated 12/30/2007 6:41:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Anthere9 at yahoo.com writes:

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Minutes/October_6-7%2C_2007

Thank you for posting the board minutes. It was very helpful toward
understanding the inner workings of the Foundation.

There are, however, a few things I do not understand and perhaps  you can
clarify:

4) Employees elected to the Board
Brief discussion about whether there should be a waiting period for former
employees / former Board members interested in running in a Board election or
becoming part of the staff.
    *   Jan-Bart, Erik, Frieda, Florence: symmetrical 6 months waiting period

1. I suppose this was in response to my election bid, shortly after
resigning. I am curious as to how four board members, including Erik, could  support
this, and yet Erik could be appointed to a paid position just two months
later, with no waiting period whatsoever.

2. It seems that Erik, as a Board member helped to review Sue's  performance
as a member of the ED Committee. I can only assume that the idea of
appointing him Deputy Director and the mechanics of obtaining him a work  visa had not
yet begun. Has he since been replaced on that Committee, and on the  Committee
to find a Treasurer for the Board?

Danny