[Foundation-l] wikicouncil

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 19:45:14 UTC 2007

> The point where I disagree is giving it
> authority beyond just advisory. I think such a thing would be perfect as an
> internal advisory board, different than our present advisory board. This
> advisory board would come to a decision on internal practices such as
> languages, project openings and closings and stuff, and would present their
> recommendation to either the board or the office or whoever, and the
> board/office would have the final decision as to whether to act (in essence,
> a veto).

I think it should be decided by the board whether or not a given
decision can be made by the council, if not, the board should make the
decision themselves (possibly with the council having an advisory
role), but if they decide to give the council the choice, they have to
go with the council's decision. Vetoing a decision after it's been
made means all the time taken making it is wasted and gets people's
backs up.