[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 20:43:26 UTC 2007

multi-replying:

On Dec 28, 2007 5:02 PM, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, Portugese-English Google translator is very good :)
> German-English is not very useful.

(...)

Not exactly, I've wrote in Simple Portuguese to make it machine-translatable
:P

On Dec 28, 2007 6:16 PM, Daniel Arnold <arnomane at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 28. Dezember 2007 19:35:41 schrieb Luiz Augusto:
> > [some portuguese text]
>
> I knew this kind of answer will come. I hope you *now* know when using the
> term "Cultural dissonance" and when not. E.g. when people are not willing
> use a common ground such as communicating in English on this list.
>
> Denying a common ground disrupts every honest discussion (sorry that I
> needed
> to demonstrate it).

Oh god, de.wiki don't have the [[Wikipedia:Do not disrupt Wikipedia to
illustrate a point]] {{essay}}?

Thus denying a common ground of rules of all Wikipedias is exactly the same:

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2007-December/036664.html