[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

Luiz Augusto lugusto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 15:42:20 UTC 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 7:04 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
(...)

> What you do not do is ask for Admin rights for a project without
> even bothering to create a profile on a project. This is destructive
> behavior and unbecoming of any Wikimedian.(...)

Sorry for quoting your message to say it and sorry to say it. The following
fact does not helps with this discussion, but I need to share this thing
that I've discovered last night (UTC-2):

# (cur) (last)  22:38, 25 December 2007 Arnomane (Talk | contribs) (2,694
bytes) (a more balanced request....) [1]

[Wikide-l] Die Qualität von Interwikis oder was tun mit Volapük? Mi Dez 26
00:49:59 UTC 2007 [2]

Look the timestamp... I really love the worry that de.wikipedia (and
de.projects in general) have to quality. It is great to have. But on de
projects. Please avoid [[Cultural dissonance]]. Your community thinks
something, others communities not necessarily share it.

[1] -
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Proposals_for_closing_projects/Radical_cleanup_of_Volap%C3%BCk_Wikipedia&oldid=805573

[2] -
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikide-l/2007-December/020148.html