[Foundation-l] About transparency

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 12:49:49 UTC 2007

Personally I disagree with this vision (There is a board because
legally an association requires to have a board), because there are
some requirements by the management to have persons who can help them
to have historical knowledge about the projets and to have an in depth
knowledge of the communities. The management itself declare that.

IMHO the board *has got* this knowledge (and not a single person in
the board) because the board is heterogeneous, come from the
communities and all members seems to be (or to have been) wikipedians.

Without the board the management could take wrong ways.

The advantage of the board is that *the board change* with addition of
new persons who can bring *new* visions and *new* relations and *new*
experience.

Personally I disagree any action of the management towards communities
*without* board's consultation: it could be a suicide.

Ilario