[Foundation-l] A dangerous precedent

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 15:50:38 UTC 2007

On 27/12/2007, Matthew Britton <matthew.britton at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Well it's not that bright a line, unless someone comes up with a precise
> mathematical definition of what constitutes a "valid community".

One guy running a bot to get what is effectively his vanity project
high in the rankings would count as "not", I'd suggest.

> Anyway, while I personally don't think there is a valid community, I
> don't see that in itself as a good reason to close a project.

Indeed. There's nothing about the Volapuk case that should reflect on
other small projects. The problem here is problematic behaviour by one
person using it as a vanity wiki.

- d.