[Foundation-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] When should Wikinews be a reliablesource on Wikipedia?

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Dec 26 10:45:54 UTC 2007

David Gerard wrote:

>Further on the earlier thread - Progress in working out when en:wn
>should be used as a source in en:wp :-) Interested parties should go
>to these pages.

As David points out, there are two discussions on this issue. One on en.wp
and one on en.wn.

The issue I have with the WP discussion is that there are too many people
sticking their fingers in their ears and saying, "Wikinews can never be
cited". We've even had people from Wikipedia "vandalise" Wikinews in an
effort to prove their point.

There is similar flammage on Wikinews here, http://tinyurl.com/2owqpg, but
following Jimbo's input there is a far more constructive discussion starting
here, http://tinyurl.com/2kc4bc. I would prefer to see the discussion
conducted there and below, the whole issue has an oblique relationship with
my earlier points on using Flagged Revisions to meet Google news' editorial
requirements. *Please* become involved in this discussion on-wiki. I' am
confident I'm not the only Wikinewsie who wants to go back to Wikipedia and
say, "We've upped our standards - up yours".

Brian McNeil