[Foundation-l] [Announcement] board expansion

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 13:56:43 UTC 2007

On 22/12/2007, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/22/07, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> > Dear community
> >
> > The board recently passed a resolution, which you will find below
> >
> > In the aftermath of the resignation of Michael Davis (effective october
> > 31th, 2007) and Erik Moëller (effective december 15th, 2007), the board
> > confirms its will to replace the two former board members, as well as
> > its committment to expand the number of members on the board of
> > directors at the earliest convenience, up to a number of 11 members
> > maximum. Due to its commitment to involve members from the community, at
> > least half of the new members will be appointed for a term ending at the
> > next board elections, in june 2008.
>
> I just did a double-take; re-reading what aphaia wrote below...
>
> Surely, but surely, it cannot be that the idea is to have a final outcome
> that a minority of the seats will be those elected from the community.

Given that a community election cannot be organised with a snap of the
fingers, is it not reasonable to appoint members for the five months
until the next scheduled election? (If
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2008 is correct and it
is June 1-14) Seems like a good strategy to me...

cheers
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/