[Foundation-l] [Announcement] board expansion

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 11:23:20 UTC 2007

On 12/22/07, Aphaia <aphaia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Florence to notice us it.
> I have some questions, most are technical.
>
> On Dec 22, 2007 6:47 PM, Florence Devouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
> > Dear community
> >
> > The board recently passed a resolution, which you will find below
> >
> > In the aftermath of the resignation of Michael Davis (effective october
> > 31th, 2007) and Erik Moëller (effective december 15th, 2007), the board
> > confirms its will to replace the two former board members, as well as
> > its committment to expand the number of members on the board of
> > directors at the earliest convenience, up to a number of 11 members
> > maximum. Due to its commitment to involve members from the community, at
> > least half of the new members will be appointed for a term ending at the
> > next board elections, in june 2008.
>
> 1. It means you updated bylaws? If I recall correctly it said the
> Board of Trustees shall be nine at maximum. If updatred, is there any
> other part you have/are considering to update bylaws?
>
> 2. "at least half of new members will be appointed": are those new
> members including two replacements? (11-5)/2 and (9-7)/2 are not same
> so I would be happy to have it clarify.

My understanding (though Florences reply makes me doubt my interpretation
a bit) was that "at least half of new members will be appointed for a term
at the next board elections, in june 2008." ( a bit more context with the
quote ), meant that though most appointed seats would be of a longer
duration to be confirmed by the board, those appointed only until the next
board elections would be elected seats after that.