[Foundation-l] Moderation and this list

Matthew Britton matthew.britton at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 21 23:46:29 UTC 2007

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Or we could introduce a limit of 20 messages per person and month.

People actually seem to be taking this seriously, for reasons that
escape me, so perhaps a little nudge in the direction of reality is needed.

Limiting the number of messages an individual is permitted to post will
only prevent active, honest individuals being insightful or helpful once
they have used up their quota. If someone really wants to make
themselves heard, they will simply subscribe multiple addresses to the
list and continue posting. Only those who play by the rules will lose out.

No offense intended, but this is really a very bad idea. I mean, what's
next, limiting the number of edits people can make to the wikis?

-Gurch