[Foundation-l] Erik's New Job

Dmcdevit dmcdevit at cox.net
Fri Dec 21 18:29:13 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:
> On 21/12/2007, Dmcdevit <dmcdevit at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Thomas Dalton wrote:

>>> Get a dictionary and look up the word "another". You may find it enlightening.
>>>

>> Case in point here. In the midst of pleas for moderation (in both senses
>> of the word) on the list, Thomas continues his masses of posts with
>> unhelpful comments like this. Here is a prime candidate for moderation
>> if anything is to be done, or shall we just threaten to threaten again?
>>

> So I should sit back and allow people to make false allegations
> against me? Not going to happen.

Well, there's a loaded question if I ever saw one. The answer is clearly
"no," but it's an incorrect assumption that "not sitting back" is the
same as "being rude in response." Again, the idea that it is acceptable
to respond to "false accusations" with snide comments is exactly what we
need to put an end to. If someone says something you disagree with,
assume good faith and talk it out calmly and patiently. This is basic
stuff that we shouldn't have to debate.

Dominic