[Foundation-l] (Japanese) Wikipedia won "Web of the year" in Japan

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Fri Dec 21 10:31:56 UTC 2007

I have forwarded this message onto Wikinews-l. If you have any Japanese
contributors that want to work on doing an article for en.wikinews I'd be
delighted to help out, polish English, and put them on the right track.

Just tell them to drop me a mail or leave a note on my talk and dive in and
start writing. I'll be stuck using Google or Babelfish to translate any
Japanese sources (which always gives you some "interesting" turns of
phrase).

We can then put that on our wikinewsreports blog which Google news picks up.

Oh, and as an aside I'm expecting a new report from David Shankbone in the
next day or so. Yesterday the gaggle of technology journalists he's with met
Shimon Perez, so I'm interested to see what - other than photos - we get
from that.

Brian McNeil