[Foundation-l] Fundraiser update

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:32:55 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 9:27 PM, Michael Snow <wikipedia at att.net> wrote:

> This was noted a few days ago on the Fundraising FAQ, but to help spread
> the word, the fundraiser is now scheduled to end on January 3. This
> extension of time will allow some more testing with the new fundraising
> site. Also, considering that donations increased over the weekend
> following Thanksgiving in the US, if people are feeling more generous
> over the holidays (or just trying to beat the end of the tax year), so
> much the better.
>
> --Michael Snow

The people planning this do realize that this takes the fund drive to 84
days, right?

The longest previous drive was 34 days.

I'd be among the first to point out that WMF needs the money, but eventually
I have imagine that several short drives is better than 1 really long one.

Also, I'd bet good money that the "Thanksgiving bump" came primarily from
launching the Fundraising blog on the 23rd and not from that holiday.
(Though the end of the tax year might actually be motivating now.)
-Robert Rohde