[Foundation-l] Wikipedia colored according to trust

Luca de Alfaro luca at dealfaro.org
Wed Dec 19 22:21:30 UTC 2007

Yes, we will be releasing a skin to do just that in a short while.  People
using the skin will be able to view the colored page.
Still, this will be for the static snapshot.
To be able to view the trust of an always up-to-date version of the pages,
we need to put more work into it; it may be ready in a couple of months or
so.

I am glad you like it!

And btw, see the comment below to your technical point.

Luca

On Dec 19, 2007 2:12 PM, Nathan Awrich <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would really like to see this as a script that you can add to view
> live the 'trust' of the current revision of every article. You could
> even have cat:untrusted as a way of storing articles that are
> candidates for revision.

About:

> It looks like it has some issues as obviously
> it can't evaluate actual text, or the weight/value of additional
> contributions (which, regardless of their actual value, contribute to
> the relative trust of the rest of the article). Still, pretty neat.

We do take into account additional contributions: if you do a little change
to a paragraph, the text close to the change has a trust that depends on
your reputation, but the text in the rest of the paragraph gains trust, as
by leaving it in place you have implicitly voted "I agree with it".
The algorithms we use are explained in the papers cited.  I know they are
hard to read; I am preparing a simpler visual explanation of the algorithms.

Luca