[Foundation-l] David Shankbone in Israel

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:15:44 UTC 2007

Hoi,
Wikinews has a problem. When I notice the coverage of Wikinews. It is more
then four and less then fourteen news items a day. The interviews, a report
like the trip to Israel, are different. Wikinews needs to be different
because as far as I am concerned it did not find its niche yet.

In my opinion doing stuff like this is daring, it makes a difference and it
is interesting. It is definetly not boring and predictable. So my answer to
your question is, Wikinews is experimenting here and that is good. Without
it there is little to show for all the effort. When you get the mix right,
you will get your audience and you may be able to make Wikipedia an offer it
cannot refuse. But first you have to work on gettin the right mix.
Thanks,
     GerardM