[Foundation-l] David Shankbone in Israel

wikinewssvt at optonline.net wikinewssvt at optonline.net
Wed Dec 19 13:48:15 UTC 2007

In my opinion, the first-hand story-telling nature of this article, is a clear violation of WN:NPOV which is not just a Wikinews policy, but also a Foundation issue (http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Neutral_point_of_view).

Don't get me wrong, it is great journalism, which could prove to be a coup for Wikinews, raising its profile. However, it is incongruent with existing policies.

Ultimately, I fear that allowing this may be like opening Pandora's box.

Sincerely,
SVTCobra
(http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User:SVTCobra)