[Foundation-l] Erik's New Job

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:22:59 UTC 2007

*We* didn't hire Sue, the board did. I don't remember having a say in her hire.
Not to say she's doing a bad job necessarily, but trying to shift the blame
back on us saying "Well we hired her to do this" isn't the right way to put it.

Now, perhaps I'm the only one here, but I have had some serious concerns
raised about the ethical practices of Sue's position as ED given this situation.
I understand that in many cases, a private search for a new employee can be
conducted. But to do so in a manner that appears to be planned (which I have
strong suspicions it was) and slightly underhanded in front of a community that
has always (supposedly, last time I checked) been built around honesty and
openness is upsetting to say the least. I'm not saying that Erik is bad for the
job, he might be the best damn Deputy ED the Foundation will ever see. And
if he is, so much the better.

I'm simply saying that doing things that *look* underhanded--even if they
aren't--looks bad to this community (which has been known to be slightly
paranoid) and makes me question someone's overall ethics.

Chad.