[Foundation-l] [Announcement] update in board of trustees membership

oscar van dillen oscarvandillen at wikimedia.org
Tue Dec 18 20:08:59 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 8:53 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:

> Remember too that even though Erik
> topped the last ballot he was still only supported by 40% of those who
> cast ballots.  This suggests some very deep divisions in the community.
>
> i don't think so.
any such percentages simply reflect the system of voting.
(i mean, if we had a system with fewer candidates and seats, percentages
would of course be different)

theoretically, one could of course then argue that our current system of
approval voting creates divisions not unity, but that would be another
discussion altogether.

oscar
--
*edito ergo sum*