[Foundation-l] Fwd: for an academic endorsement of wikipedia articles?

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:19:06 UTC 2007

On 12/17/07, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> Perhaps we could submit a few of the better articles to academic journals.
> And see how that goes. I'm sure we would learn a lot just from trying.

Much as I agree with experimenting and learning :-), I would already
anticipate one of the 'problems' with doing this would be of _genre_ -
an academic journal is a very different genre of writing/publication
than an encyclopedia. We can define different models/means of
peer-reviewing articles, but for republishing articles elsewhere, the
article would need to be written with the particular publication, and
its particular audience, in mind.

Cormac