[Foundation-l] Wikimedia/Wikipedia trademarks?

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 01:07:02 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 8:00 PM, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/12/2007, Nathan Awrich <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I can see that, although I would think that there would be more issues
> > relating to speech restrictions issued by various governments that are
> > more restrictive than the US (specifically Southeast Asia, the Middle
> > East, etc.).
>
> All our content is published in the United States, on servers hosted
> in the United States (speaking of, are they going to be moved to
> California when the office moves?) and as such is subject to US law.
> Simply writing in Korean doesn't make you subject to a court in
> Seoul...

I'm decently certain that most of the servers aren't in the United
States. I think many of them are in Korea, some are in Europe. I doubt
that any/many are in the US, and those that are are not likely to move
around  just because the foundation is moving. This is a mixture of
guessing, speculation, and vague remembrances, however, so take it
with a grain of salt.

--Andrew Whitworth