[Foundation-l] [Announcement] update in board of trustees membership

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:57:04 UTC 2007

On 17/12/2007, Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Citizendium's small but not hurting for participants. They'll be fine.
>
> That's not my point here. There is a certain number of people in this
> world who are going to be interested in actually "writing" an
> encyclopedia (as opposed to the people who are happy to edit, revise,
> or do other things to support the writing community).

Isn't one of the major lessons we've learned from the past six years
of Wikipedia (seven now, I guess) that the number of people in the
world interested in writing an encyclopedia is a lot bigger than we
ever anticipated it being?

> The one-author, one-page idea (from what I've heard knol is supposed
> to be) sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Yes and no. It's workable, *if* there are other caveats which haven't
been announced yet - some kind of weighting, structuring, etc. We
shall see.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk