[Foundation-l] Is popularity a good thing for us?

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Dec 17 18:51:53 UTC 2007

Brian McNeil wrote:
> Someone dies? The facts (date/time/cause) go on Wikipedia. The obit goes on
> Wikinews.

I'm not sure what you mean by this one. I frequently use obituaries as
sources for Wikipedia articles, because they're generally just a summary
of the person's life, along with some eulogizing (I obviously leave the
eulogizing out of the Wikipedia article I use the obit. as a source
for). What content do you imagine a Wikinews obituary having that an
encyclopedia article on the person should *not* contain, besides the
eulogizing tone?

-Mark