[Foundation-l] Fwd: for an academic endorsement of wikipedia articles?

Christiano Moreschi moreschiwikiman at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 16:44:54 UTC 2007

Indeed.

However, it's worth pointing out that Britannica's Macropaedia articles (as opposed to Micropaedia) are pretty comprehensive and certainly, from my point of view, eminently citable.

Wikipedia has no real equivalent of Britannica's Macropaedia - no expansion. We're just writing summaries all the time. Something to think about changing?

Of course, nobody can meaningfully give any sort of review to an unstable article, for obvious reasons. I won't start talking about stable versions here, because I refuse to lower myself to the level of Waiting for Godot.

CM

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.