[Foundation-l] [Announcement] update in board of trustees membership

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 04:56:47 UTC 2007

On 2007.12.16 23:04:39 -0500, Andrew Whitworth <wknight8111 at gmail.com> scribbled 0.7K characters:
> On Dec 16, 2007 11:01 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > On Dec 16, 2007 10:24 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Your message was good, in general, I think.. but it may have left
> > > people thinking that Erik was leaving Wikimedia, and not really moving
> > > on to a position of even more power.  So that might create some
> > > confusion, but I understand that not everything can be announced at
> > > once and that stuff isn't final.
> > >
> > Aww, c'mon, you gotta tell me.  I promise I won't tell anyone.
>
> We already have one god-king, and not everybody remembers electing
> him.  What position of more power could anybody be talking about?
>
> --Andrew Whitworth

This may be wildly off-base, and is pure speculation on my part - but could Erik be getting involved with Knol?

The timing is certainly appropriate, it would seem to fit the step-up wording, and would also explain why Florence throws in that otherwise inexplicable paragraph about Knol being our enemy into what was an announcement about some board changes. (Unless Florence is in the habit of throwing into such announcements whatever is on her mind at the time, of course....)

--
gwern
HRM Faber sugar Choe fulminate MSEE W50 monarchist CCSQ Sergeyev