[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 02:33:12 UTC 2007

On 12/16/07, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > If
> > > they didn't know, it's really not their fault, but if they did,
> > > failure to do anything about it is gross incompetence.
> >
> > Precision in quoting and citation also would save you from creating
> > false dichotomies.
>
> That wasn't a quote or a citation, it was simply an assertion, and one
> I stand by. If you disagree, try actually refuting it.

Yes, I know, I know, I am feeding a troll here... guilty as charged.

If that is considered as a simple bald assertion, it fails on many
grounds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_many_questions is likely
the most relevant here.

Much of the context has been removed. The simplified form "didn't know"
lacks quite a bit of the required specifity to be answered in any meaningful
way, when the issues are as complex as they clearly are in this case.