[Foundation-l] Background checks at Wikimedia [OT to Mike]

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Dec 16 20:25:11 UTC 2007

Alison Wheeler wrote:
> On Sun, December 16, 2007 01:06, Mike Godwin wrote:
>
>> Allison writes:
>>
> Just the single 'L' please ... we know how to spell names correctly this
> side of the pond ;-P
>
>> This must be more of that UK irony stuff I've been hearing about from
>> Thomas. As an American, I am forbidden by international law to
>> understand it, because I know sports better.
>>
> Ah ... clearly not taking enough steriods* and growth hormone then!
That may explain poor British athletic performance.  They've been taking
steriods, while thinking they were steroids.  One can't be too careful
with the naming of knock-off pharmaceuticals sold on the internet.  If
the British played baseball instead of cricket they might be getting the
real stuff.

Ec