[Foundation-l] Is popularity a good thing for us?

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Sun Dec 16 17:29:06 UTC 2007

The use of a blog is not helping promote Wikinews. It has a pitiful pagerank
compared to the main site and unless you hit on a lot of words in an article
title it appears well down the results list.

The same issue would impact any separate "stable" site, a sub-page less so.

I'm sure there are others on-list who have a far better understanding of the
ins and outs of pagerank and other search engine's ranking methods but as I
understand it Wikinews gains a lot from crosslinking with Wikipedia whereas
we might lose this if we're using a static site.

Brian McNeil