[Foundation-l] Background checks at Wikimedia

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:48:52 UTC 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 11:39 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 8:03 PM, Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There are USA-based firms that do international criminal background
> > checks, and the firm we have retained is one of these.  We are also
> > aware (and I for one am fairly acutely aware) of the difference in
> > privacy regulation among the various nation-states.
> >
> What about bonding?  Has that been looked into and/or implemented?
> I'd imagine the bonding company would run its own background check.

For bonding or background checks, we would have to pay a third party
some kind of money to handle them. We're a non-profit, and we
shouldn't be spending our hard-earned money (or paying our employees
to spend their time on it) running background checks and setting up
surety bonds on the handful of employees we have.