[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:26:54 UTC 2007

On 15/12/2007, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> You have not been paying attention have you? As the WMF has a non-disclosure
> agreement, it was not at liberty to do such a thing. It is bad enough that
> Carolyn has to go through all this. It is bad enough that people cannot get
> it into their head that people are damaged in this way. It is not a zero sum
> game, people hurt as a consequence.

I've been paying attention, and I've not seen any reason given for
signing an NDA that forbids you from revealing that your former COO
was a convicted felon. As for someone that shot their boyfriend in the
chest being harmed by all this, I'm sorry, but I really don't care.

> With Jimmy personally guaranteeing that there will be no ill effects for our
> precious organisation.

He's personally guaranteed there will be no direct financial loss.
That is not the same as guaranteeing there will be no ill effects.