[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

Kat Walsh kat at wikimedia.org
Sat Dec 15 08:27:27 UTC 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 1:58 AM, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:

> [many messages]

I'd like to reiterate Jimmy's sentiments of the past several messages.
We were all taken by surprise when we heard about Carolyn's history;
we've sought professional advice on the best way to proceed, and have
followed it even where it is difficult. And it is difficult, not to be
able to answer all the questions that people want answered, and not to
be completely open about everything, and to know that even in the best
case people were going to be left upset by the outcome.

Mike's work handling this has been invaluable, and I'm glad yet again
to have him aboard. I can't add much to his statements or Jimmy's, and
can only say that I will be relieved when the audit concludes; this is
a top priority for us.

-Kat

--
Your donations keep Wikipedia online: http://donate.wikimedia.org/en
Wikimedia, Press: kat at wikimedia.org * Personal: kat at mindspillage.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mindspillage * (G)AIM:Mindspillage
mindspillage or mind|wandering on irc.freenode.net * email for phone