[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel Matters

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 17:30:05 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I think that is a bit naive. A confidentiality agreement when someone leaves
may assure that both parties indicate to the rest of the world that the
parture of ways was amicable. The alternative can be quite costly and
unproductive. If anything, the only thing I wish the WMF would have done
differently is make a public statement at the time that "Carolyn has left
her position, and that we thank her for the services rendered". This would
be an adequate and honest statement as long as it is true. It is true as
long as no criminal offences have happened. When there were, and to the best
opinion of the WMF this is the best way of ending the relation, it should
still be true as far as the rest of the world is concerned. And, I am happy
to say, we, the community of volunteers of the WMF projects, qualify as
such.
Thanks,
     GerardM