[Foundation-l] Foundation Discretion Regarding Personnel

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 16:30:21 UTC 2007

Given that the Register was going to break the story, would it not
have been appropriate to have broken it ourselves first--or given also
an interview to some other publication? Or at least be prepared to do
so simultaneously, by at least posting on slashdot.
This was not a good way to handle negative information   As well as
making sure we are legal, we should have perhaps consulted someone who
knows PR.
******
I wholeheartedly agree.  With respect for the time pressures that
undoubtedly applied in this case, a Register exclusive is not a good
thing--particularly if the story turns out to be legitimate.  Perception
matters and that would lend credibility to notion that other recent things
they've run are substantive.  I write these words in the good faith hope
that this publication is so seriously mistaken that no other press will pick
up the story.

-Durova